Tuesday 8 February 2011

Valentines Day Makeup ... Copper, Purple & Red



Valentines day is fast approaching... me imagino que todas estan de puro preparativo (i bet you're all getting ready!) thinking of where to go, que ponersen and most importantly who to spend it with!!

I am going to try and do a few Valentines day looks to suit everyone, remember what I always say, adapt any makeup look to suit you! You can use different shades of the same colours I use to better suit your skin tone even your mood!! :)

My first look which I did lastnite, was a coppery, red and purple look with a goldish highlight on the brown bone... Red is not a common shade to use as one of my besties pointed out, so I decided to do a look which incorporated el color rojo :) In the pics it actually looks more of a pink shade than a red shade...

Also, since I have submitted my friends to before and after pics, I thought it should only be fair if for once i did the same!! Yes mujeres I'm exposing my bare face to the world.... ok actually I dont wear any makeup at all during the week... but I very rarely take a pic with no makeup!!! I HAVE A ZILLION IMPERFECTIONS!!! all hidden under makeup hehehehehehe

WARNING: the following image may cause nausea, bad dreams and a bit of a fright at first glance.... (ok I am kidding I dont look that bad!)

BEFORE:



AFTER:


This combination of colors may not be everyones cup of tea but I actually like it... its very bold so it would really require a nice simple dress or top to go with it...

Before applying eyeshadow, I primed my eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and applied NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk... I also primed my face by applying Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion.

On the eyes i used RED eyeshadow only on the lids, and in the innder corners i used NYX pigment in Rust Pearl (its like a copper shade) and then blended the colours slightly so you dont see where one color starts and ends... I then used a dark PURPLE eyeshadow on the outer V and all the way over on the crease... this was also slightly blended to reduce any hard lines.... again focusing just on the outer V of the eye i blended in a bit of black shadow... for highlight I used MAC Naked Lunch... this same shade was used under the lower lashes but only in the middle.. I then used Super Shock Mascara by AVON... and lined my eyes using Bourjois Liquid Liner and AVON Glimmerstick both in Black... I took some pics with and without Lashes so in the pics where i do have lashes, I used the same one I have used in my previous post (i seriously need to invest in new ones)

On the face I used NYC Foundation in Natural Tan, I also used a bit of Laura Mercier concealer under the eyes... I slightly contoured my cheeks using Sleeks Face Contour Kit in Medium... then applied some highlighter with my finger just above the cheek bone and then blended together... for blush i used The Body Shop Cheek Colour in 03

For the lips i moisturised them using a bit of vaseline... then applied lipstick by AVON in shade Sparkling Nude.


AVON Lipstick in Sparkling Nude

Here are a few more pics... hope you like... :)


Purple, Red and Copper

Before Applying Lashes...

With the Lashes :)



Give it a try!!! :)

mmuuaaahhhhh JennJenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...