Saturday 15 October 2011

TOWIB - Winter Warmer with VIVO & FashionistA Cosmetics

THE ONLY WAY IS BLOGGING - Winter Warmer, Saturday 15th October 2011

So today I went to mi primer (my first) blogger's event hosted by the lovely 'The London Beauty Queen' at Babble Bar with my amiga (friend) Ayshe from DiscoveringBeauty...

there where demonstrations by two fab makeup companies - VIVO Cosmetics & FashionistA

Makeup Artist Katie Hughes from Fashionista started the demonstration by doing 3 different looks
  1. Rodarte Inspired - a blue smokey eye look
  2. Mark Fast - a gold/brown eye look
  3. Anna Sui - concentrating on blushes 






Annabell Wyatt getting her makeup done :)
http://yoyoandbel.blogspot.com/
http://yoyoandbel.blogspot.com/




After Katie finished her demonstrations, we had a 5 minute interval and then we had a session on HTML... I forgot the name of the lady who was speaking (sorry!!!) .... she gave some useful tips.... bless her you could tell she was very nervous and super shy, but she did a great job at trying to explain things as best she could, I sure as hell could not have stood up there!! so well done to you :)



After this we had another 5 minute interval and then we went onto the VIVO cosmetics demonstration with makeup artist Karla Powell  who also had 3 different looks to show us...
  1. Twilight - inspired by yep you guessed it TWILIGHT the movie! just in time for the movie (awesome lashes!!!)
  2. Winter Bold 
  3. Eyes Of Gold

Nocturnal-Beauty

 I love the VIVO eyelashes that Karla put on her!

Nocturnal-Beauty



Once Karla had finished her looks, we got to choose a goodie bag depending on the look we each liked... it would also form part of a competition wherby we need to create the look with our own stamp on it... I will be doing the Winter Bold, originally I thought I would be going for the Twilight simply cus I loved the lashes!!! they AWESOME!!!! but I really like the baked bronzer soooooo I chose Winter Bold... if only we cud have taken two goody bags!!! booooo lol

there was then another 5 minute interval, and then we moved onto a talk regarding Photography... I was really really looking forward to this one, me and Ayshe even sat right at the front!!
I did take on board a few things with what the girls had to say, but both Ayshe and I didnt stay till the end... instead we went back to Katie at FashionistA so she could convince Ayshe that the palette she should choose from the freebie options was the Blue palette... :)



I think Ayshe (DiscoveringBeautytoday.blogspot.com) looked amazing with her eye makeup! she has decided to recreate this look for her birthday next Sat!! cant wait to see how it looks ...

So after all this, the last talk was basically a Q&A session... We where so hungry and tired by this time that we decided to not stick around...

Just wanted to say, if anyone recognizes the ladies in the images from the makeovers, could you please let me know their names so that I can link the images to their blogs???? I made a huge mistake in not actually asking them for their details!! so sorry ladies...

So below are a few images of the makeup we where given from FashonistA and VIVO... they where so generous!!! and I cant wait to try these products out, so watch out for reviews!!

THE AMAZING GOODIES FROM VIVO!!

FASHIONISTA ADAPTABLE PALETTE

LOVE THE COLOURS, CANT WAIT TO TRY THEM OUT!!

I cannot wait to attend another blog event!! thank you London Beauty Queen and everyone else who was involved in organizing the event, it was fab!!

VIVO Cosmetics is exclusive to Tesco supermarket, and at the moment it is in selected ones, I still havent seen them in my local one on Old Kent Road! booooo super sad!!! but hopefully they will be available there soon...
FashionistA is exclusive to Superdrug, and again is in some stores at the moment, but will soon be available in all Superdrug stores...

below are a few links for you to check out... 

fashionistacosmetics.co.uk
www.londonbeautyqueen.com
discoveringbeautytoday.blogspot.com
nocturnal-beauty.blogspot.com

Have you ever been to a blogger event??? what do you think of them??? Do you find them useful???

Muuaaahhhh JennJenn :)


p.s. if you would like to use any of the pics from this post, please feel free to do so, but please either link back to my blog or credit :) xx






4 comments:

  1. The side view of the lashes is great! I picked the blue palette too, it looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really did! look forward to seeing your creation with the goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you enjoyed using the freebies? I used my eye shadow pallet today, but not the look they gave me, just daytime stuff haha! x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great day - I sure did! It's just a shame I didn't meet you really... Maybe next TOWIB?

    http://www.elle-yeah.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...